- CHEESE & MEATS by Kg
- FISH AND SEAFOOD
- BREAD & BAKERY
- POTATO PRODUCTS
- DESSERTS & CAKES
- FRUIT AND VEGETABLES
- ICECREAM & SORBETS
- IMPULSE ICE CREAM - GROUPS
- CONFECTIONERY AND SNACKS
- NON FOODS
Black Forest Trifle
IngredientsServes 8 - Ready in 30 minutes plus chilling
- 500ml ready made custard
- 100g plain chocolate callebaut drops
- 400g chocolate brownies
- 2 x 390g jars cherries in kirsch or similar
- 300g whipping cream
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- 25g icing sugar
- Grated chocolate , to decorate, and fresh cherries (optional)
- Put the custard in a pan with the chocolate pieces and gently heat, stirring continuously until the chocolate has melted into the custard. Cover with cling film and leave to cool
- In the base of a trifle bowl arrange the brownies. Drain the jars of cherries, saving the liquid, and scatter the cherries over the brownies. Drizzle 100ml of the liquid over the cherries and brownies.
- Spoon over the cooled chocolate custard and leave to chill whilst making the topping.
- Lightly whip the cream, creme fraiche and icing sugar until soft peaks are formed. Pile on top of the trifle and decorate with grated chocolate.